As part of Badminton Australia’s (BA) new High Performance System BA is seeking Expressions of Interest from affiliated badminton clubs/associations or schools with experienced coaches to pilot our new Performance Pathway Partner (PPP) Program.
Performance Pathway Partners (PPP) selected as a pilot programs as part of the new High Performance System will be integral for the development of athletes and coaches for selection into Australian national representative badminton teams.
Badminton Australia plans to select 3-5 badminton organisations to become part of this pilot program. Each organisation shall be selected for an initial period of 2 years.
This initiative is designed to support affiliated clubs/associations, schools and coaches who specialise in the development of talented high performing athletes. The successful organisations selected to be part of the pilot will work closely with the BA High Performance Team and be provided with a range of opportunities to further enhance their badminton performance program and business.
Submissions are due by noon on Thursday 26th November, 2020. See below for the link.
Please note the following:
Support for Organisations selected will include:
- Recognition on the Badminton Australia website
- Recognition at BA corporate events
- A banner to place in the club/association/school venue
- Site visit(s) from BA national coaching staff
- Site visit(s) from BA staff to assist with organisational business planning relating to high performance
- Other items as developed as part of the pilot process
Organisations seeking consideration as a PPP must have the following:
- For a badminton club/association/business be affiliated with their State/Territory Badminton organisation
- A BWF Level 1 qualified coach (minimum)
- A Child Safe Policy
- A Workplace Health and Safety Policy with accompanying procedures
- A suitable venue for carrying out HP development activities
- Have a letter of support from their State/Territory Badminton organisation
Photo Credit: Badminton Photo