Badminton Australia Limited – Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Badminton Australia Limited will be held via video teleconference on Saturday 21 November at 10.15am for a 10.30am start.
- AGENDA – Any notices of motions to be included in the Agenda must be received in writing to the CEO at email@example.com no later than midday on Friday 16 October 2020.
- BUSINESS – The business of the AGM shall be to:
- (i) Confirm the minutes of the 2019 AGM
- (ii) Receive the 2019/2020 Annual Report of the Board, audited financial statements and present the coming years budget;
- (iii) Elect Directors as required;
- (v) Appointment of auditors;
- (vii) Consider any special business including any Constitution changes as recommended by the Board
- (viii) Attend to any general business items
- ELECTIONS – The following positions are due for election at this AGM:
- Director 2 year appointment (incumbent Geraldine Brown)
- Director 2 year appointment (incumbent Paul Kern)
- Director 2 year appointment (incumbent Loke Poh Wong)
Please find below nomination forms for elected positions on the Badminton Australia Board. All nominations must be received no later than midday on Friday 16 October 2020.
- VOTING – Only a voting delegate from each of the State/Territory Members is able to vote. Any other person member type can register to attend the AGM as an observer. Please find below links to voting delegate form.
- QUESTIONS FROM VOTING and LIFE MEMBERS – Questions from voting members are welcome and must be submitted in writing to the Chief Executive Officer at least seven days prior to the Annual General Meeting.
- CALL FOR BOARD SUB-COMMITTEE and OPERATIONAL WORKING GROUPS – As part of Badminton Australia’s new Board Sub-Committee and Operational Committee system a call for expressions of interest will be made closer to the AGM.
An Agenda, Annual Report and papers will be available to voting and eligible members on 23 October 2020.
Badminton Australia looks forward to hosting the AGM and seeing all attendees in November.
Jamie Parsons – Chief Executive Officer
Dated: 15 September 2020