Badminton Australia selects players to the official squads and teams for Seniors and Juniors. They consist of players, which are estimated to have the level and / or potential to achieve the objectives set out by Badminton Australia. These players are working together with Badminton Australia with the purpose of getting the best possible international results from training, tournaments, personal skills and lifestyle.
Badminton Australia selects players to represent Australia at the following, but not limited to, Team and Individual Championships.
- Commonwealth Games; Team and Individual event
- Sudirman Cup (Mixed Team World Championship)
- Thomas and Uber Cup (male and female team World Championships)
- Oceania Team Championships (Mixed team)
- Whyte Trophy
- World Championships Individual – based on World Rankings
- Olympic Games Individual – based on World Rankings
- Oceania Team Championships
- Pan Pacific Team Championship
- Youth Commonwealth Games
- Australian Youth Olympics Festival
- World Junior Team and Individual Championship
Nomations for 2017 are currently open. Please visit the BA Support Structure Page for further information