Once you have qualified as a coach, you are accredited for 4 years. Your ASC endorsed Badminton Australia Coach ID Card will detail the expiry date.
During your 4 years, you need to be coaching and complete Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points by taking part in general and specific coaching courses and updates, attending coach education conferences or undertaking teacher training.
As a minimum you need to undertake at least 10 hours of coaching per year plus at least 20 CPD points. The ‘CPDs and the Coach Reaccreditation Policy and Procedure’ (hyperlink to resources page) gives more detail.
Please complete the Badminton Coach Reaccreditation Form to keep your coaching qualification in date.
To stay qualified and accredited you need the following:
- Take a Badminton Australia approved coaching course
- Register as a member with Badminton Australia when you successfully complete the coaching course
- This qualifies or accredits you as a coach, at the level of the course that you have passed, for four (4) years.
- You need to keep up-to- date – that is to you need to prove that you are coaching and that you have undertaken some professional coaching training or relevant education each year
- The number of coaching hours and the amount or type of education/training depends on the level at which you have qualified.
|Level of Coaching Course||Hours of practical coaching||Continuing Professional Credits (CPDs) over the 4 years|
|Each year||Over the 4 years|
|Shuttle Time Coach||10 hours||40 hours||20 points|
|Level 1||10 hours||40 hours||20 points|
|Level 1a||10 hours||40 hours||20 points|
|Level 2||15 hours||60 hours||40 points|
|Level 3||25 hours||100 hours||50 points|
Hours of coaching need to be verified by the head coach or board member, such as the president, of your club.
Value of CPDs:
|Type of course||# CPD points|
|Attend/Complete a Badminton Australia approved State/Territory Coaching Workshop||5 points|
|Attend/Complete a course delivered by State/Territory Department of Sport and Recreation or equivalent||5 points|
|Attend/Complete ASC online courses i.e. Coaching Principles||5 points|
|Complete an approved First Aid course||5 points|
|Attend/Complete a Badminton Australia conference, seminar or workshop||10 points|
|Attend/Complete Shuttle Time Teacher/Coach course||10 points|
|Complete a sport related tertiary degree or equivalent i.e. Diploma Sports Coaching, BA Sports Studies||10 points per unit / module|
|Present or assess at a Badminton Australia coaching course, including Shuttle Time||15 points|
|Present or assess at a Badminton Australia coaching workshop||15 points|
|Attain the next level of badminton coaching qualification||Meets total accreditation requirements|